Chopard Art Fashion Show 2023
Jack Merrick-Thirlway creates the hair look for Chopard’s Art Fashion Show 2023 at the Cannes Film Festival.
How to achieve the look:
- Prep the hair using Shu Uemura Tsuki Shape. Once applied create a ruvido texture by blasting the hair dry and working the product in from root to tip with a paddle brush for thin and wavy hair. For textured hair blowdry the product in using a round wooden brush with boar bristles.
- Using a pin tail comb part, the hair in the centre.
- Select medium sections of hair along the centre parting and create a lived-in wave using a medium barrel tong. Change the direction of the wave for each section alternating between outward and inward facing. Ensure you leave the tips straight.
- Apply a small drop of L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Liss Control + to your hands and distribute evenly throughout the lengths of the hair to style out the waves.
- Gather the hair back into a textured ponytail using your fingers and secure at the level of the occipital bone with elastic. Ensure you twist the elastic around the base of the ponytail 6 times to create a 1 cm width to allow for the twist. Elastic should be visible.
- Using the ponytail length twist the hair on itself and up into a perfectly undone updo, leaving the straight tips out to the bottom left. Secure using pins and grips. The final look will show the tips of the hair visible to the bottom left and the elastic visible on the right.
- To finish the look, apply a light mist of Kerastase Laque Couture hairspray to remove any flyways.
Photography by Ambra Vernuccio.