Beauty and haircare are an ever-growing segment with more and more people interested to discover how to become the best version of themselves. Like with most life queries, google has become the go-to platform for answers! So to avoid you landing on the wrong type of advice, we turned to professional hair stylist and colourist Domenico Casella to get you the safest answers to the top hair questions on Google in 2022.
- How to curl your hair with a straightener? If you want to curl your hair with a straightener, you should star off by washing your hair, using your favourite shampoo and conditioner. Then once the hair is towel dried, apply heat protector on damp hair and rough dry hair completely if your hair is naturally smooth, or blowdry your hair smooth otherwise. Section the hair, depending on the density of the hair, and start from mid lengths. Place the straightener diagonally as you pinch the first section of hair and slowly rotate half a turn and glide the straightener down the hair. Once the section has cooled down repeat on the same section. Once the entire head of hair is done, use a large tooth comb to modernise the curls.
- How to cut your own hair? I would never recommend anyone cut their own hair as it is a recipe for disaster. Instead seek the help and advice of a professional who will be able to advise the best style to suit your facial features and lifestyle. You will never achieve a professional finish by cutting your own hair.
- How to grow hair faster?
A considered haircare regimen is the key to helping hair grow faster. This should combine all of the following options:
- Regular haircuts ( every 6 weeks)
- Using the correct shampoo and conditioner for your hair and scalp type.
- Regular in salon hair treatments to help boost and maintain the condition of your hair.
- A healthy diet as nutrition plays a fundamental role in hair growth. Hair mirrors your inner wellbeing.
- How often should you wash your hair? This very much depends on your scalp condition. I wouldn’t recommend washing your hair more than 2/3 times per week if your hair and scalp are dry. In case of an oily scalp, the type of shampoo used is fundamental. You will need a shampoo designed for daily use which is gentle and allows you to wash your hair daily if required without attacking the hydrolipid layer of the scalp.
- How do you get dye off your skin? At Neville Hair and Beauty before we apply any colour, we always apply a protective oil around the hairline. Any type of greasy oil works in this case, just make sure to avoid the hair! Once the colour has been washed off, if the skin is is stained I recommend using makeup remover.